As a leading provider of software and solutions to broadcasters worldwide, Pebble Beach Systems delivers the technology which controls the playout of over 600 TV channels in more than 50 countries. We are a young, expanding company based in Weybridge Surrey, and have offices in Dubai and Singapore.
Since the company was founded in 2000, we have established a strong reputation for technical innovation and exceptional customer service in the mission-critical space of broadcast playout. Customers include Fox News and Business channels USA, ZDF Germany, Globosat Brazil, OSN Dubai, TV4 Sweden, TV2 Denmark, ART Jordan and Phoenix TV Hong Kong.
To support our expansion, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Development team in Weybridge.
Looking for someone with:
– A degree, or equivalent, in the field of science, engineering or computing.
– Commercial experience of working with systems deployed in a virtual/cloud environment.
– Commercial experience of designing, implementing and maintaining continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
– A good working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell or Unix shell scripts.
– A good working knowledge of version control systems, preferably Git.
– An understanding of Microservice architecture and the infrastructure required to build and deploy Microservices.
– Previous experience of deploying scalable, virtualised systems using either VMware or Citrix XenServer.
– Experience with public Cloud deployment using Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
– A working knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, …).
Responsibilities & duties
– Design, deploy, maintain, benchmark and evaluate the build system.
– Debugging, identifying and fixing the root cause of failed builds.
– Provide technical advice and consultancy for all aspects relating to Virtualisation technology to different departments within Pebble Beach Systems.
– Hold a valid passport with the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and travel internationally.
In return we offer
– Excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment.
– Sports teams like Basketball, Football, Squash and many more.
– Quarterly company socials like go-karting, wine tasting, rock climbing, theme park days and more!
– Games nights, Hackathons and regular tech events.