Menu

User Forum

Welcome! The self-service portal is here to build a community of users of Pebble Control Free.

In our bid to democratise IP we also want users to be able to share their experiences here via our User Forum. This is another useful resource in addition to the ‘How-To’ videos and FAQs. As we have only just launched Pebble Control Free, it will take time for a series of threads to be posted here.

And don’t be shy! Please do share anything useful here that would benefit other users or perhaps make suggestions on how we can improve Pebble Control Free.

Home Page Forums Forum Topics With full redundancy on legacy products, can I split my control cables?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Pebble Control supports redundant configurations, and its architecture is very resilient. Unlike a more traditional active/spare model, we have designed it in an active/active configuration where possible so should one node go down for some reason, the other one seamlessly takes over the work. Equally, the rules set up in Pebble Control can apply to redundant devices which could be controlled in parallel. The question mentions splitting of cables – well, the system can be designed in such a way that some Pebble Control nodes control the A chain of devices and others the B chain, but of course, there needs to be a link between those nodes. However, we don’t think that layout would be the best practice in the modern IP systems as there is a trend of putting both main and redundant devices (if you want to call them like that) on the same network, but with a network topology that ensures resilience (I.e. failure of one switch does keep the network alive).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.