Dolphin is a powerful flexible integrated channel solution from Pebble Beach Systems. It delivers highly automated, frame-accurate multi-channel channel playout and ingest capability, and can operate as a standalone system under Marina or Neptune control, or as part of a complex mixed network of equipment and functionality.
Available in 5 configurations to suit different applications, each with a choice of 2.4TB or 4.2TB of internal storage,Dolphin supports an extensive range of compression and file formats. It incorporates SD/HD video server, master control switcher, character generator and channel branding functionality,and target installations include regional commercial insertion, fast to market or short-term channels, disaster recovery centres and content ingest.
With full up- and down-conversion on ingest and playout, and the ability to mix file formats on the same timeline,Dolphin provides unparalleled flexibility of operation. Legacy SD content can be mixed seamlessly with new HD material and presented for playout in a unified format. Recognising the need for more compact and energy efficient operations, each Dolphin is delivered in a 2U form factor, and boasts very low power consumption.
Dolphin integrates seamlessly into a system which employs best-of-breed video server, graphics or captioning devices for prime channels, as well as hybrid channels which mix Dolphin with best-of-breed discrete devices, or as a standalone device. In all cases operators are presented with the same user interface whatever the underlying channel technology across the entire system. With a single system wide database, this avoids creating operational silos and simplifies channel control.
In today's highly commercial, multi-channel broadcast environment, audiences demand high quality HD transmission with error-free playout, and channel controllers expect good quality branding. Dolphin delivers exceptional SD and HD quality at an affordable price, safeguarding the on air production values of even low revenue channels.
To ease on-site integration, reduce installation time and provide assured operations, each Dolphin is shipped as a complete unit that is preconfigured, assembled and tested. Customers benefit from simplified support, with only one number to call for advice on software, control, or system configuration.
- Quick, straightforward pathway for launch of new channels
- Cost effective, space saving server solution
- Single operator can control multiple channels
- Modular architecture means the system can grow with you
- Simulcast output capability provides simultaneous output of a single media timeline in HD and SD formats, eliminating the requirement for downstream up or down scaling
- Low power consumption
- Offers an affordable route to HD encoding and playout
- Multi format mixed timeline playout, including text, logos, stills, RSS tickers, multi-lingual subtitles and 2D effects.
- Multi-channel audio support, with management of audio track tagging for language selection per event
- Auto-sensing ARC
- Format independent and bit-rate agnostic
- SD and HD Ingest, with key frame and browse generation
- SD and HD clips can be mixed on the same timeline
- Fades, wipes between clips and live events
- Supports automatic caching of video and graphics content from near line storage to the Dolphin server according to multiple Playlist priorities or direct attachment to near line storage.